As springtime starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Erie? Particularly if your AC unit is recently purchased or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system checked annually by a Patterson & Stirling pro can help spot minor issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little issues before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine components and complete a series of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into large issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Today with Patterson & Stirling
Today is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Patterson & Stirling pros a shout at 814-308-0416 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.