As springtime rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Erie? Especially if your air conditioning unit is newer or was cooling well last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any service for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked annually by a Patterson & Stirling Inc specialist can help locate minor problems before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to take care of delicate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your system can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and in the long-term, as you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps spot little problems before they become major, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they create big issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect yearly maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is vulnerable to early meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following spots and components:
- Total system state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Patterson & Stirling Inc
Now is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Patterson & Stirling Inc pros a ring at 814-308-0416 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.