When it’s frigid in Erie you need your furnace to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be operating well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could need a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Patterson & Stirling Inc.
1. Your furnace is making a lot of noise. You may have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem faint? You could have an issue with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could indicate a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your house.
4. Your utility bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps increasing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Patterson & Stirling Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.