During the colder Erie months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Patterson & Stirling Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Patterson & Stirling Inc right away if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Patterson & Stirling Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Patterson & Stirling Inc at 814-308-0416 or book an appointment with us online.