Having standard air conditioning service performed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Erie summer, have the specialists at Patterson & Stirling Inc complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Patterson & Stirling Inc today at 814-308-0416.