Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Erie is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Patterson & Stirling Inc consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Patterson & Stirling Inc in Erie at 814-308-0416 today.