You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a great way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Patterson & Stirling Inc have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting acclimated to the new temperature, try changing it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most helpful things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through easily, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Patterson & Stirling Inc technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 814-308-0416.