There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Erie, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to consider annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners solely associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Patterson & Stirling Inc technician comes by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few simple ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures go down in Erie. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is ideal for your system, give the team at Patterson & Stirling Inc a call at 814-308-0416 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.