While your Lennox® heater cannot talk to you, it possesses a way to communicate a furnace error.
Its control panel has two LED lights that can show a fault code. Depending on the problem, your furnace could show steady or flashing lights.
Though there are certain basic furnace adjustments you can finish without an expert, most tasks are best taken care of by experts. When your furnace won’t start or provide warm air, reach out to Patterson & Stirling at 814-308-0416 for skilled furnace repair in Erie.
Our technicians will speedily identify and take care of the breakdown, even if you don’t have a Lennox heater. We can service all types or makes—and get the warmth reintroduced to your house fast.
What Does the Flickering Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your heating system depends on lights to flash code when it requires repairs. It also works this setup to let you know it’s working like it should.
Correct function includes:
- Simultaneous slow flash—furnace operating properly.
- Both lights flash fast—furnace is initiating the call for heat.
If you see a single light flashing slowly and the other flashing fast, your furnace could be experiencing a low flame signal. This can occur even when your heater is operating correctly. It signifies the flame sensing rod might have buildup or in the wrong location on the burner. Call us at 814-308-0416 for assistance.
Here are a few other of the most common issues for Lennox heating systems.
Furnace Refuses to Turn On
Here are many of the light sequences you may notice when your heating system refuses to or keep operating. Most of these problems must be repaired by a professional, for instance from Patterson & Stirling.
- Both LED lights aren’t lit. This indicates your heater might not have power. Look at the breaker box to confirm the heating system fuse is not flipped. You should reset the fuse if it’s in the “off” position. If it rapidly turns off following a reset, don’t try to reset it again and get in touch with us us at 814-308-0416.
- One light is unchanging and the other is flashing slowly. This implies the flame rollout switch is likely not working right. The component is a critical safety tool that aids in stopping fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to repair this malfunction without professional help.
- One light is blinking fast and the other is blinking slowly. This likely indicates power polarity has been reversed. Your furnace could have a wiring error that needs professional assistance from Patterson & Stirling.
- Both lights are flashing slowly. This indicates your heater’s blower motor likely isn’t working. This piece moves warm air from the heater into your space. We can assist in figuring out what’s causing an issue with this piece.
- An individual light is blinking slowly and the other is flashing quickly. This signifies your heater may have low voltage or a short circuit. Contact our technicians at 814-308-0416 for support.
- One light is blinking on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This means there may be trouble with your HVAC system’s control board or wiring. Patterson & Stirling can locate the error and repair it.
- The duo of lights display every other slow flickers. This signifies your heater possibly has a flame error. There may be a problem with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Get in touch with us at 814-308-0416 for help.
- An individual light flickers slowly while the other is steady. This often signifies your heating system’s limit switch is experiencing an error. The switch prevents your heater from getting too hot. Call the specialists at Patterson & Stirling for support.
Furnace Blower Operates But No Warmth
Here’s what might be at fault when you observe your heating equipment’s blower fan working, but you aren’t receiving any warmth.
- The pair of lights display alternate rapid flashes. This means your furnace ignitor could not be working. This component lights gas in your heating system to produce warmth and should be fixed by an expert from Patterson & Stirling.
Depend on Us for Skilled Furnace Repair
When you need to get your HVAC equipment repaired fast, trust the technicians at Patterson & Stirling. Our pros will take care of the issue without delay and have your residence feeling comfortable again in no time. Get in touch with us at 814-308-0416 or contact us online to get an appointment today.